HSPNZ the following aims:
- To provide a professional body to represent the membership of Compliance Certifiers.
- To establish an incorporated body to set standards for the conduct of members, in the form of a Code of Ethics, Constitution and follow Performance Standards for which membership compliance is required.
- To develop and provide a system of ensuring the competence of Compliance Certifiers through examination or other assessment processes.
- To provide a focus for Compliance Certifiers throughout New Zealand to contribute to the development and review of New Zealand and joint New Zealand/Australian standards and Safe Work Instruments.
- To co-ordinate comments on proposed regulations.
- To provide and promote an ongoing program of professional development for member consultants (including, but not limited to specialised training forums and publications).